This tour focuses on the best of Scottish food sourced from independent suppliers taking in the magnificent UNESCO Georgian New Town, ( the largest Georgian city in the world) and vibrant Stockbridge village. .
This lunchtime/afternoon food tour is a lovely way to access some of the best of Scottish food in a beautiful part of Edinburgh that is not really on the tourist trail and is a great complement to The Old Town. I recommend doing an Old Town tour first as The New Town ( well, it was new in 1745!) was built as result of over crowding in the medieval Old Town which grew up round The Castle.
The food safari equals a very generous lunch with architectural and historical amuse-bouche such as why are there so many painted windows in The New Town? Book a tour and find out why over a rhubarb and ginger gin liqueur and smoked salmon. Or contact Nell to book a safari to fit into your schedule.
What you’ll experience on this tour:
- Highlights include freshly baked scones and jam with locally sourced tea or coffee.
- Scottish farm cheeses from iconic Iain Mellis, matched with a smoky Islay malt in a Victorian style bar,
- Haggis – vegetarian or meat in a very traditional pub
- A choice of Edinburgh gin liqueurs enjoyed with sparkling wine and oak-smoked salmon.
- And try a Scottish doughnut with ever-changing fillings or chocolate made on the spot.
There is no better way to really experience Edinburgh like a local than on our Eat Georgian New Town Food Tour.