Local author Alexander McCall Smith describes this part of Edinburgh as “bohemian” and we explore this slightly unconventional and eclectic side of Edinburgh.
Bohemian Broughton Street
Local author Alexander McCall Smith describes this part of Edinburgh as “bohemian” and we explore this slightly unconventional and eclectic side of Edinburgh. This one street in the last ten years has attracted a wave of small independent shops, bars, restaurants and cafes all concentrated in one area. We literally start at the top and work down.
This tour is light on walking and heavy on eating. No lunch – we will be ‘grazing’ all afternoon. There will be at least six food and drink stops from iconic haggis veggie or meat with a local ale, west coast mussels cooked to order with cider and bacon, amazing marshmallows with flavours you could never imagine being harnessed to sugar, scones jam and cream and a single malt.
WhenMondays and Saturdays at 1pm
Meeting PointMeeting point will be emailed along with confirmation of payment.
- At least 6 food and drink stopsNo need for lunch
- The fluffiest marshmallowsMade on the premises from salted caramel to gin and tonic flavours
- Veggie or meat haggis in traditional pubIf you have doubts re haggis, try this animal friendly delicious vegetarian version made on the premises with a homemade red onion sauce
- Georgian architectureEdinburgh has the largest Georgian city in the world, wonder at is magnificence
- Traditional afternoon teaScone jam and cream and tea in a vintage tea shop
Gift VouchersWhat do you give somebody who has everything? A gift of a walking and eating tour of Edinburgh, which they can book at a time that suits them over the coming year.
Food AllergiesPlease contact Nell at least 24 hours before the tour to flag up any food allergies, intolerances or pet hates and we can try and accommodate .
The Small PrintThere may be some variations due to seasonal variations in food and also to time restrictions, but there will always be at least five destinations offering snack-size food and drink portions
Cancellations, must be made by phone or email with 48 hours notice from tour start.