Leith Walk has been on the international food stage since the Romans arrived with amphoras of wine for R and R. This food walking tour reflects Scotland’s wealth of visitors who stayed and brought their fantastic cooking. I was spoilt for choice when devising this tour as so many vibrant cultures have made this area of Edinburgh their home. Walk the rampart from Calton Hill to Leith ( that is how Leith Walk started) to keep Cromwell at bay to the actual port where whalers docked ( they picked up some penguins which ended up in Edinburgh Zoo) Rich in history and food culture – this is a vibrant international walk
This is a food walking tour which reflects the huge range of cultures who have come to Scotland and make it their home and also documents Scotland’shistory as a seafaring nation and the rich exchange of food and culture from the Roman times to the present day.
WhenFRINGE special - everyday but Mondays during August
Meeting PointMeeting point will be emailed on confirmation of payment
- Six food and drink stopsHold back on breakfast!
- Swedish meatballs and gin and elderflower cocktailCool Swedish bar in 19th century wine merchant store
- Warm Turkish spinach and feta borek Discover a whole range of authentic Turkish pastries
- Portuguese egg tarts made on the premises Brazilian South African couple who are passionate about promoting their heritage
- Kenyan home-cooked style taster platter Discover Christine's family recipes
- Greek orange cake and coffeeJust add sunshine and you could be in Greece in this homely restaurant
- Traditional Scottish sweetie shop and ‘a party bag’ to take homeBack to childhood in this gorgeous retro sweetie shop
Gift VouchersWhat do you give somebody who has everything? A gift of a walking and eating tour of Edinburgh, which they can book at a time that suits them over the coming year.
Food AllergiesPlease contact Nell at least 24 hours before the tour to flag up any food allergies, intolerances or pet hates and we can try and accommodate .
The Small PrintThe small print – there may be some variations due to seasonal variations in food and also to time restrictions, but there will always be at least seven destinations offering snack size food and drink.
Cancellations, must be made by phone or email with 48 hours notice from tour start.