This is very much a tour for people who love local food shopping and meeting the producers – we start with a freshly made scone straight from the oven with homemade jam, the over the road to meet the butcher who smokes his own game then to the fishmonger to try his smoked salmon, smoked on the premises. Then to the chocolate shop to try amazing flavoured chocolates from lavender to Isle of Skye sea salt, then a chance to sit down and relax over a specailly curated Scottish cheese selection then finish off with a dram of a single malt in a former Georgian coachhouse.
Meeting PointMeeting point will be emailed on confirmation of payment
- At least 5 food and drink stopsHold back on breakfast!
- Organic chocolate tastingTry an organic hot chocolate - the drink of the Aztecs
- Guided cheese tasting of at least 4 Scottish cheesesIconic Iain Mellis cheese shop
- Piping hot sconesServed with homemade jam and locally roasted coffee or tea
- Smoked salmonTaste salmon smoked on the premises
Gift VouchersWhat do you give somebody who has everything? A gift of a walking and eating tour of Edinburgh, which they can book at a time that suits them over the coming year.
Food AllergiesPlease contact Nell at least 24 hours before the tour to flag up any food allergies, intolerances or pet hates and we can try and accommodate .
The Small PrintThe small print – there may be some variations due to seasonal variations in food and also to time restrictions, but there will always be at least five destinations offering snack size food and drink.
Cancellations, must be made by phone or email with 48 hours notice from tour start.