Enjoy a meander along The Water of Leith to Stockbridge and sample delicious Scottish produce from organic chocolate to smoked salmon, Shetland mussels and Scottish cheeses
This tour focuses on the pretty village of Stockbridge – which owes its name to the ancient wooden bridge – stoc brig – built by the Angles in the 7th Century which flows over the Water of Leith. We start the tour in Canonmills where religious canons used to profit from the silver and flour mills on the Water of Leith. After a Scottish smoked salmon and bagel from The Bearded Baker, we then walk along the banks of The Water of Leith, with cameras trained for a heron or otter to pop up under the now stone bridge. Then we enjoy organic chocolate, Scottish cheess and Shetland mussels then a restorative dram of single malt in an former Georgian coachouse in the New Town.
WhenMondays and Wednesdays
Meeting PointMeeting point will be emailed on confirmation of payment
- At least 5 food and drink stopsHold back on lunch!
- Gentle walk along the river bank on the site of former flour millsHeron and otters- an optional extra
- Guided cheese tasting of at least 4 Scottish cheesesIconic Iain Mellis cheese shop
- Single malt whiskyIn a former mews, wine shop, now tiny bar tucked behind townhouses
- Organic chocolate tastingTry an organic hot chocolate - the drink of the Aztecs
Gift VouchersWhat do you give somebody who has everything? A gift of a walking and eating tour of Edinburgh, which they can book at a time that suits them over the coming year.
Food AllergiesPlease contact Nell at least 24 hours before the tour to flag up any food allergies, intolerances or pet hates and we can try and accommodate .
The Small PrintThe small print – there may be some variations due to seasonal variations in food and also to time restrictions, but there will always be at least five destinations offering snack size food and drink.
Cancellations, must be made by phone or email with 48 hours notice from tour start.