This is very much a tour for people who love local food shopping and meeting the producers – we start with a freshly made scone straight from the oven with homemade jam, then glam porridge in a Georgian townhouse. Across the road to an artisan cheese shop to try a variety of Scottish cheeses, then to a 100-year old fish shop for gin-smoked salmon, smoked on the premises – and a Pickerings gin. Enjoy a delightful stroll along the Water of Leith past the site of the 1780’s gin distillery to finish the tour with a bowl of Scottish mussels cooked to order in cream, garlic and wine.
Meeting PointMeeting point will be emailed on confirmation of payment
- At least 5 food and drink stopsHold back on breakfast!
- Isle of Lewis mussels or fish n chips if not a shellfish fancooked to order in cream, wine and garlic
- Guided cheese tasting of at least 4 Scottish cheesesIconic George Mewes cheese shop
- Piping hot sconesServed with homemade jam and locally roasted coffee or tea
- Gin-smoked salmonTaste salmon smoked on the premises and see the smoker
Gift VouchersWhat do you give somebody who has everything? A gift of a walking and eating tour of Edinburgh, which they can book at a time that suits them over the coming year.
Food AllergiesPlease contact Nell at least 24 hours before the tour to flag up any food allergies, intolerances or pet hates and we can try and accommodate .
The Small PrintThe small print – there may be some variations due to seasonal variations in food and also to time restrictions, but there will always be at least five destinations offering snack size food and drink.
Cancellations, must be made by phone or email with 48 hours notice from tour start.