Welcome to Edinburgh Food Safari
I love food and I love Edinburgh so come and eat Edinburgh with me; Nell Nelson; food journalist and TV presenter. My team and I want you to feel like a food–loving friend is showing you their own neighbourhood.
Food Safaris are back! Minimum 2 guests, maximum 6. Some stops are in picnic mode ( eat outside as no longer can sit in) – so please dress for rain and shine. Please email Nell and I can create a bespoke food tour for your group at a time and day which suits you. I am thrilled to be back in my safari suit and take you my favourite foodie stops in the New Town and Stockbridge and also my brand new International Leith Walk and Leith food walking tour.
You can also enjoy Edinburgh Food Safari in the comfort of your own home or send to your friend with
- £59 This is a morning tour which includes the equivalent of lunch
- Scottish cheese tasting in specialist cheese shop
- Scones, jam and tea in an elegant setting
- Traditional Scottish fish n chips
- Edinburgh gin-smoked salmon from traditional fishmonger
- and served in a bagel hot from the oven at local bagel shop
- Amazing marshmallows made on site
- Gorgeous Georgian New Town architecture
- £49 FRINGE SPECIAL Afternoon tour which is the equivalent of lunch
- Warm Turkish spinach and feta borek
- Portuguese egg tarts made on the premises
- Kenyan home-cooked style taster platter
- Greek orange cake and coffee
- Traditional Scottish sweetie shop and ‘a party bag’ to take home
- Swedish meatballs and gin and elderflower cocktail in Swedish relaxed bar
- Fascinating historical and architectural of Edinburgh's longest street
- Selection of 10 delicious local goodies from Edinburgh and Fife
- Armstrong's of Stockbridge gin-smoked salmon (200g)
- IJ Mellis Isle of Mull Cheddar (200g)
- Your Piece handmade oatcakes and Trotter's Hot Pepper Jelly
- Coco chocolate and The Marshmallow Lady
- Edinburgh Fermentarium Fermented Figs
- Pea Green Boat Cheese Sable
- Edinburgh Honey Co Gingerbread Infused Honey
Gift vouchers are the perfect present for friends relocating to Edinburgh, residents of Edinburgh, honeymooners to Scotland and instant presents – if you have forgotten some one’s birthday or worried about missing the Christmas post!
Safari vouchers are £59 per person are valid for a year from payment.
We are always delighted to offer bespoke tours from groups of two to seventy! Back in the good old days – soon to return at some point I hope, so perhaps think about 2022 for a group tour?
We can adapt the tour or added stops if requested. A group of 30 hens embraced the safari theme and wore safari hats – a surreal scene to see thirty safari hats bobbing past Georgian pillars.
Last summer, we had 70 lawyers divided into four groups with four guides – a great way to bond and strike a deal.
With notice we can tailor the tour to accommodate guests’ dietary requirements from a little known malt whisky to vegan alternatives which are still uniquely Scottish and delicious
Email Nell firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can create a food and drink walking tour to give you and your group a unique and memorable insight to Edinburgh. Prices start from £21 per person
This is a lovely way to Scottish food out and in a safe and secure environment – you know who has handled and cooked your food – you! Nell has started private cooking classes in her Georgian home – minimum number is two,maximum six. You will also be able relax after all that chopping and stirring and learn about Scotland’s unique history and food culture.
The three hour cooking class can be over lunch 11 am -2 pm or in the evening 6-9 pm and includes:
- Aperitif of rhubarb and ginger liqueur and sparkling wine with homemade cheese oatcakes
- Cullen Skink – smoked haddock, cream, potato and leek soup – MADE BY YOU
- Haggis – veggie or meat and turnip and potato mash and a dram of whisky
- Straight from the oven warm butter shortbread – MADE BY YOU and tea and coffee and take home gift of your own shortbread
Cost is £64 per person. To book email email@example.com