Welcome to Edinburgh Food Safari
I love food and I love Edinburgh so come and eat Edinburgh with me; Nell Nelson; food journalist and TV presenter and my team. We want you to feel like a food–loving friend is showing you their own neighbourhood.
Both food safaris last about three hours with at least six strategically arranged food and drink tastings along the way, with loo and water stops included and include lunch.
- Scottish cheese tasting in specialist cheese shop
- A must try: haggis or veggie for those who are not sure - with a local ale
- Scones jam and cream in a vintage tea shop
- Marshmallows made on the premises
- Guided tour through beautiful Georgian New Town
- Meet the men who cure gin- smoked salmon
- Scones, homemade jam
- Dram of single malt whisky in a former Georgian coach house
- Chocolate with amazing flavours from local chocolatier
- Smoked venison or pigeon at local game dealers
- Edinburgh Gin liqueur gin welcome drink with fizz
- Gin and tonic marshmallows and chocolate
- Pickerings gin-cured smoked salmon
- Post-gin stroll through the New Town's stunning Georgian architecture
- Highland gin in lowland gin joint
Gift vouchers are the perfect present for friends relocating to Edinburgh, residents of Edinburgh, honeymooners to Scotland and instant presents – if you have forgotten some one’s birthday.
Safari vouchers are £55 per person are valid for a year from payment.
To buy a personalised voucher please email me firstname.lastname@example.org the recipients’ name and message and I will email back a personalised voucher for your approval and my bank details.
This Friday was the inaugural gin safari, see pics. We started with Edinburgh gin liqueur and cava then The Marshmallow Lady pulled out all the stops: toasted homemade gin and tonic marshmallows whizzed with milk and Scottish company Mackie’s vanilla…Read more
We are always delighted to offer bespoke tours from groups of two to thirty two plus! We can adapt the tour or added stops if requested. A group of 30 hens embraced the safari theme and wore safari hats – a surreal scene to see thirty safari hats bobbing past Georgian pillars.
Another group asked for music and food and we gave them the red carpet treatment with a piper and drummer and traditional Scottish harp and fiddles to accompany their haggis neeps and tattie experience.
Email Nell email@example.com to discuss how we can create a food and drink walking tour to give you and your group a unique and memorable insight to Edinburgh. Prices start from £29 per person