Welcome to Edinburgh Food Safari
I love food and I love Edinburgh so come and eat Edinburgh with me; Nell Nelson; food journalist and TV presenter. My team and I want you to feel like a food–loving friend is showing you their own neighbourhood.
Food Safaris are back! Minimum 2 guests, maximum 8. Please email Nell and I can create a bespoke food tour for your group at a time and day which suits you. I am thrilled to be back in my safari suit and take you my favourite foodie stops in the New Town and Stockbridge and also my brand new International Leith Walk walking tour.
- £59 This is a morning tour which includes the equivalent of lunch
- Scottish cheese tasting from a specialist cheese shop, followed by a glass of wine
- Scones, jam and tea in an elegant setting
- Traditional haggis - veggie or meat in cosy pub
- Edinburgh gin-smoked salmon from traditional fishmonger
- and served in a bagel hot from the oven at local bagel shop
- Amazing marshmallows made on site
- Gorgeous Georgian New Town architecture
- £49 The best 'long lunch'
- Warm Turkish olive and feta borek
- Portuguese egg tarts made on the premises
- Kenyan home-cooked bhajis and salads platter
- Greek orange cake and coffee
- Traditional Scottish sweetie shop and ‘a party bag’ to take home
- Swedish meatballs/vegan meatballs in Swedish relaxed bar
- Fascinating historical and architectural of Edinburgh's longest street
- Selection of 10 delicious local goodies from Edinburgh and Fife
- Armstrong's of Stockbridge gin-smoked salmon (200g)
- IJ Mellis Isle of Mull Cheddar (200g)
- Your Piece handmade oatcakes and Trotter's Hot Pepper Jelly
- Coco chocolate and The Marshmallow Lady
- Edinburgh Fermentarium Fermented Figs
- Pea Green Boat Cheese Sable
- Edinburgh Honey Co Gingerbread Infused Honey
Gift vouchers are the perfect present for friends relocating to Edinburgh, residents of Edinburgh, honeymooners to Scotland and instant presents – if you have forgotten some one’s birthday or worried about missing the Christmas post!
Safari vouchers are £59 per person are valid for a year from payment.
Gaby Soutar came on Safari and I was delighted to host her for her article for The Scotsman Food and Drink section of 20 August 2021Read more
We are always delighted to offer bespoke tours from groups of two to seventy! Back in the good old days – soon to return at some point I hope, so perhaps think about 2022 for a group tour?
We can adapt the tour or added stops if requested. A group of 30 hens embraced the safari theme and wore safari hats – a surreal scene to see thirty safari hats bobbing past Georgian pillars.
In the summer of 2019, we had 70 lawyers divided into four groups with four guides – a great way to bond and strike a deal.
With notice we can tailor the tour to accommodate guests’ dietary requirements from a little known malt whisky to vegan alternatives which are still uniquely Scottish and delicious
Email Nell email@example.com to discuss how we can create a food and drink walking tour to give you and your group a unique and memorable insight to Edinburgh. Prices start from £21 per person
This is a lovely way to Scottish food out and in a safe and secure environment – you know who has handled and cooked your food – you! Nell has started private cooking classes in her Georgian home – minimum number is two,maximum six. You will also be able relax after all that chopping and stirring and learn about Scotland’s unique history and food culture.
The three hour cooking class can be over lunch 11 am -2 pm or in the evening 6-9 pm and includes:
- Aperitif of rhubarb and ginger liqueur and sparkling wine with homemade cheese oatcakes
- Cullen Skink – smoked haddock, cream, potato and leek soup – MADE BY YOU
- Haggis – veggie or meat and turnip and potato mash and a dram of whisky
- Straight from the oven warm butter shortbread – MADE BY YOU and tea and coffee and take home gift of your own shortbread
Cost is £64 per person. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org