Welcome to Edinburgh Food Safari
I love food and I love Edinburgh so come and eat Edinburgh with me; Nell Nelson; food journalist and TV presenter and my team. We want you to feel like a food–loving friend is showing you their own neighbourhood.
Both food safaris last about three hours with at least five strategically arranged food and drink tastings along the way, with loo and water stops included. Both are in terms of quantity, equivalent to a good lunch.
- Scottish cheese tasting in specialist cheese shop
- A must try: haggis bon bons - the easy way to try haggis - with a local Edinburgh ale
- Scones, jam and tea in a vintage tea shop
- Argyll smoked salmon sampled in a 100-year old shop
- Walk through beautiful Georgian New Town with a bit of history and architecture top facts
- Meet the team who cure gin-smoked salmon
- Scones, homemade jam and locally sourced tea and coffeee
- Scottish mussels in a cream and wine garlic sauce
- Glam porridge in Georgian town house
- Scottish cheese tasting
- £35 - minimum number 5 - great fun for a group
- Edinburgh Gin liqueur gin welcome drink with fizz
- See the site of the largest gin distillery in the 80's - the 1780s
- Pickerings gin-cured smoked salmon
- Delicious Highland gin in a Lowland gin joint
Gift vouchers are the perfect present for friends relocating to Edinburgh, residents of Edinburgh, honeymooners to Scotland and instant presents – if you have forgotten some one’s birthday or worried about missing the Christmas post!
Safari vouchers are £55 per person are valid for a year from payment.
On my Edinburgh Food Safari, we visit Armstrong’s of Stockbridge https://armstrongsofstockbridge.co.uk/ where my guests love their famous delicately smoked salmon. Gary Huckle and his team slowly smoke a whole Scottish salmon over wood chips in the back shop, then marinate…Read more
We are always delighted to offer bespoke tours from groups of two to forty seventy!
We can adapt the tour or added stops if requested. A group of 30 hens embraced the safari theme and wore safari hats – a surreal scene to see thirty safari hats bobbing past Georgian pillars.
Another group asked for music and food and we gave them the red carpet treatment with a piper and drummer and traditional Scottish harp and fiddles to accompany their haggis neeps and tattie experience. This summer, we had 70 lawyers divided into four groups – a great way to bond and strike a deal.
With notice we can tailor the tour to accommodate guests’ dietary requirements from a little known malt whisky to vegan alternatives which are still uniquely Scottish and delicious
Email Nell email@example.com to discuss how we can create a food and drink walking tour to give you and your group a unique and memorable insight to Edinburgh. Prices start from £29 per person