Welcome to Edinburgh Food Safari
I love food and I love Edinburgh so come and eat Edinburgh with me; Nell Nelson; food journalist and TV presenter and my team. We want you to feel like a food–loving friend is showing you their own neighbourhood.
Both food safaris last about three hours with at least five strategically arranged food and drink tastings along the way, with loo and water stops included. Both are in terms of quantity, equivalent to a good lunch.
- £59 This is an afternoon tour which includes the equivalent of lunch
- Scottish cheese tasting in specialist cheese shop
- A must try: haggis bon bons - the easy way to try haggis - with a local Edinburgh ale
- Scones, jam and tea in a vintage tea shop
- Argyll smoked salmon sampled in a 100-year old shop
- Gorgeous Georgian New Town history and architecture
- £59 This is a morning tour - so go light on breakfast and includes equivalent of lunch
- Meet the team who cure gin-smoked salmon
- Scones, homemade jam and locally sourced tea and coffeee
- Scottish mussels in a cream and wine garlic sauce
- Glam porridge in Georgian town house
- Scottish cheese tasting
- £35 - minimum number 5 - great fun for a group
- Edinburgh Gin liqueur gin welcome drink with fizz
- See the site of the largest gin distillery in the 80's - the 1780s
- Pickerings gin-cured smoked salmon
- Delicious Highland gin in a Lowland gin joint
Gift vouchers are the perfect present for friends relocating to Edinburgh, residents of Edinburgh, honeymooners to Scotland and instant presents – if you have forgotten some one’s birthday or worried about missing the Christmas post!
Safari vouchers are £59 per person are valid for a year from payment.
Celebrate the birth of Robert Burns with a Scottish Food Safari which includes haggis, Scottish ale and of course a single dram of single malt plus smoked salmon, fish n chips, marshmallows made on the premises and a Scottish…Read more
We are always delighted to offer bespoke tours from groups of two to seventy!
We can adapt the tour or added stops if requested. A group of 30 hens embraced the safari theme and wore safari hats – a surreal scene to see thirty safari hats bobbing past Georgian pillars.
This summer, we had 70 lawyers divided into four groups with four guides – a great way to bond and strike a deal.
With notice we can tailor the tour to accommodate guests’ dietary requirements from a little known malt whisky to vegan alternatives which are still uniquely Scottish and delicious
Email Nell firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can create a food and drink walking tour to give you and your group a unique and memorable insight to Edinburgh. Prices start from £29 per person
Next to eating and drinking, shopping is a lovely way to see a city through locals’ eyes. Nell has put together a two-hour afternoon tour to introduce visitors and locals to some unique shops in Stockbridge and The New Town, starting with a glass of fizz to loosen the purse strings and finishing with a scone and tea to review purchases.
- Curated crafts shop
- Local and Orcadian silver
- Gorgeous independent books
- Vintage clothes
- Edinburgh Gin Liqueur and fizz in an antique glass in Dundas Street antique
- Finish with a homemade scone, jam and tea/coffee
‘Let’ s Shop’ runs Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday afternoons from 1.30 – 3.30 pm. Minimum number is two guests. Price per guest is £39. Email Nell email@example.com for enquires or to book.