Welcome to Edinburgh Food Safari
I love food and I love Edinburgh so come and eat Edinburgh with me; Nell Nelson; food journalist and TV presenter and my team. We want you to feel like a food–loving friend is showing you their own neighbourhood.
Both food safaris last about three hours with at least six strategically arranged food and drink tastings along the way, with loo and water stops included and include lunch.
- Scottish cheese tasting in specialist cheese shop
- A must try: haggis nachos - the easy way to try haggis - with a local ale
- Scones, jam and tea in a vintage tea shop
- Argyll smoked salmon sampled in a 100-year old shop
- Guided tour through beautiful Georgian New Town
- Marshmallows like you have never tasted before - gin and raspberry anyone?
- Meet the team who cure gin-smoked salmon
- Scones, homemade jam and locally sourced tea and coffeee
- Haggis, neeps and tatties in a former Georgian coach house
- Glam porridge in Georgian town house
- Whisky tasting with the experts
- £29 - minimum number 5 - great fun for a group
- Edinburgh Gin liqueur gin welcome drink with fizz
- Gin and raspberry marshmallows
- Pickerings gin-cured smoked salmon
- Post-gin stroll through the New Town's stunning Georgian architecture
- Highland gin in lowland gin joint
Gift vouchers are the perfect present for friends relocating to Edinburgh, residents of Edinburgh, honeymooners to Scotland and instant presents – if you have forgotten some one’s birthday or worried about missing the Christmas post!
Safari vouchers are £55 per person are valid for a year from payment.
Book on Fringe website : only 12 places per safari Fringe https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/edinburgh-gin-safari We are running our popular gin walking tours all through August as part of The Edinburgh Fringe – from Wednesday to Saturdays 2- 31 August. Leave the crowds…Read more
We are always delighted to offer bespoke tours from groups of two to forty seven! Our biggest number so far – see blog.
We can adapt the tour or added stops if requested. A group of 30 hens embraced the safari theme and wore safari hats – a surreal scene to see thirty safari hats bobbing past Georgian pillars.
Another group asked for music and food and we gave them the red carpet treatment with a piper and drummer and traditional Scottish harp and fiddles to accompany their haggis neeps and tattie experience.
With notice we can tailor the tour to accommodate guests’ dietary requirements from a little know malt whisky to vegan alternatives which are still uniquely Scottish and delicious
Email Nell firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can create a food and drink walking tour to give you and your group a unique and memorable insight to Edinburgh. Prices start from £29 per person