Welcome to Edinburgh Food Safari
I love food and I love Edinburgh so come and eat Edinburgh with me; Nell Nelson; food journalist and TV presenter. My team and I want you to feel like a food–loving friend is showing you their own neighbourhood.
Its looking like June 2021 before we can start offering food safaris again. Safaris will be limited to private groups, (minimum 2, maximum 6 will depend on current rules). Please email Nell and I can create a bespoke food tour for your group at a time and day which suits you. I can’t wait to get back into my safari suit and take you my favourite foodie stops in the New Town and Stockbridge
BUT now you can enjoy Edinburgh Food Safari in the comfort of your own home or send to your friend with
- £59 This is an afternoon tour which includes the equivalent of lunch
- Scottish cheese tasting in specialist cheese shop
- A must try: haggis bon bons - the easy way to try haggis - with a local Edinburgh ale
- Scones, jam and tea in a vintage tea shop
- Argyll smoked salmon sampled in a 100-year old shop
- Gorgeous Georgian New Town history and architecture
- £59 This is a morning tour - so go light on breakfast and includes equivalent of lunch
- Meet the team who cure gin-smoked salmon
- Scones, homemade jam and locally sourced tea and coffeee
- Scottish mussels in a cream and wine garlic sauce
- Glam porridge in Georgian town house
- Scottish cheese tasting
- Selection of 10 delicious local goodies from Edinburgh and Fife
- Armstrong's of Stockbridge gin-smoked salmon (200g)
- IJ Mellis Isle of Mull Cheddar (200g)
- Your Piece handmade oatcakes
- Trotter's Hot Pepper Jelly
- Edinburgh Fermentarium Fermented Figs
- Pea Green Boat Cheese Sable
- Coco chocolate
- The Marshmallow Lady Marshmallows
- Edinburgh Honey Co Gingerbread Infused Honey
Gift vouchers are the perfect present for friends relocating to Edinburgh, residents of Edinburgh, honeymooners to Scotland and instant presents – if you have forgotten some one’s birthday or worried about missing the Christmas post!
Safari vouchers are £59 per person are valid for a year from payment.
We are always delighted to offer bespoke tours from groups of two to seventy! Back in the good old days – soon to return at some point I hope, so perhaps think about 2021 for a group tour?
We can adapt the tour or added stops if requested. A group of 30 hens embraced the safari theme and wore safari hats – a surreal scene to see thirty safari hats bobbing past Georgian pillars.
Last summer, we had 70 lawyers divided into four groups with four guides – a great way to bond and strike a deal.
With notice we can tailor the tour to accommodate guests’ dietary requirements from a little known malt whisky to vegan alternatives which are still uniquely Scottish and delicious
Email Nell email@example.com to discuss how we can create a food and drink walking tour to give you and your group a unique and memorable insight to Edinburgh. Prices start from £21 per person
This is a lovely way to Scottish food out and in a safe and secure environment – you know who has handled and cooked your food – you! Nell has started private cooking classes in her Georgian home – minimum number is two,maximum six. You will also be able relax after all that chopping and stirring and learn about Scotland’s unique history and food culture.
The three hour cooking class can be over lunch 11 am -2 pm or in the evening 6-9 pm and includes:
- Aperitif of rhubarb and ginger liqueur and sparkling wine with homemade cheese oatcakes
- Cullen Skink – smoked haddock, cream, potato and leek soup – MADE BY YOU
- Haggis – veggie or meat and turnip and potato mash and a dram of whisky
- Straight from the oven warm butter shortbread – MADE BY YOU and tea and coffee and take home gift of your own shortbread
Cost is £64 per person. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org