Why not spend two hours in the afternoon swilling gin and tasting food flavoured and inspired by gin and a gentle gin-tinted walk through Edinburgh’s glorious New Town streets?
There are at least four gin distilleries in Edinburgh, so we have plenty of juniper-based spirits for sampling – we start with a welcome drink of Edinburgh Gin liqueur and fizz -choose from a range of delicious locally made gin liqueurs: plum and vanilla, rhubarb and ginger, elderflower or raspberry. Then we tear ourselves away to next door for the ultimate gin marshmallow experience by The Marshmallow Lady herself, then we’ll wander slowly through the elegant Georgian streets hearing how gin made its impact on 18th and 19th century Edinburgh to Stockbridge for a Pickering’s gin cured salmon – what a way to go! – then a gin and tonic chocolate from Edinburgh’s top chocolatier and we’ll end up in one of Edinburgh’s coolest gin joint for a Highland-distilled gin and tonic full of flavours of heather and rowan.
Meeting PointInside The Other Place - 2-4 Broughton Road
- Edinburgh Gin Liquer and fizzChoose from a range of delicious locally made gin liquers
- Gin-tinted walk through elegant New Town streetsPast lamps lit by a lamplighter and sneak a look into magnificent drawing rooms
- Pillow-soft marshmallows and chocolate in a new formatGin and tonic marshmallows and chocolate
- Pickerings gin-cured smoked salmonMeet the man who marinates and smokes Shetland-caught salmon
- Gin and tonic in one of Edinburgh's coolest gin jointsSample a Highland gin served with apple slices to draw out the delicate flavours over a Fever Tree tonic